Welcome to the Center for Organizational Energy Blog

Welcome to the Center for Organizational Energy Blog

Please take time to visit our website: http://www.professionalsellingsystem.com

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Does This Sound Familiar?

I was reminded today of an older church and evangelism story.  A traveling evangelist knocked on a door and was invited into a home. He seemed surprised to be sitting in the living room with the homeowners and their children politely gathered around.  The homeowner prompted the guest evangelist and said, "Well what do you have to share?" The evangelist said, "Well, I have never gotten this far... I am not quite sure..."

That is exactly how I felt when I answered a telephone call this morning from a Chamber of Commerce representative.  She asked if I had ever considered their fair city to do a program in.  Frankly, having recently looked for new options, I settled in to chat with the young lady.  I said that I would like to give a new venue consideration since my clients come in from around the country. I was surprised by the following opening/closing/ending/good bye! "Should I call you back in a few months to check in on you then?"
  
Are your sales people inches away from learning more yet too shy and untrained to take the ball and run with it?  That is exactly what happened for that Chamber of Commerce representative this morning. I wonder if I will even get a call back in a couple of months.  I doubt it.

We teach salespeople to help their prospects and customers to become more productive and profitable.  Are you a member of a Chamber of Commerce that is serving or not serving your community this way?  How about your own business? Do you serve your prospects and customers?


I would enjoy an opportunity to talk with you and to listen to the challenges that you face in the advancement of your sales.  My office number is 239-599-8408 and my email address is Jim@c4oe.com Join me on Linked-In Follow me on Twitter and Facebook.  View our Blog.  Visit our website

No comments: